Friday, July 25, 2008

Day 7 (July 14)

Today, I went in having a much better idea of how things work at the station. I am pretty confident in the tasks I am doing as well by now. Today I organized prize sheets- which are the sheets the station writes and keeps in files when listeners win prizes. These are important because they have to do with the most important part of the station- the listeners! So it is definitely important to keep ALL of them in a safe place and all together, because the reputation of the station following through with prizes depends on that! There are all kinds of prizes given away- concert tickets, restaurant gift certificates, movie passes, etc. I think that's a great idea to have a variety of prizes and I'm sure the listeners appreciate it as well. I learned that my boss, the Promotions Director, has to call and ask for concert tickets but has never had a problem with them giving a few pairs of tickets to the station, which is really good. I did another Power Point for a couple of different events today, which was cool. I'm definitely a visual learner so I like doing anything visual and have a pretty good idea of how people like to see things, so this was a good task for me to do. It takes a good amount of time to figure out the theme of each page (3-5 pages) but once I get started it's pretty easy. Overall, it was another good day at the radio station!

No comments: