Monday, July 7, 2008

Day 2- (June 30)

This was my second day as an intern. I already felt like I had learned the building more and where things are located (the studio, the front office reception area, etc.). Today I did more work with Janelle, all having to do with promotions.

Ever wonder about the prizes given away at radio stations? It's a very organized process that I started to learn today. I had to sort through and alphabetize many, many prize sheets which contained the title of the prize itself, the date, day, and disc jockey who gave away the prize, as well as the contact information for the winner. These have to be carefully monitered, because these are prizes that listeners get excited about! It's cool that I got to see a little "behind the scenes" of how prizes work and what the process is.

No comments: