Monday, July 7, 2008

Day 3 (July 2)

Today, I met a lot of people around the station including on-air personalities, sales reps, and lots of other top employees that work for XLC and WKRS (the am station). One cool piece of information I found out was that the Program Director (the boss of my boss and others) is also an on-air personality (and I'm a fan!).

The Promotions Assistant (which by the way, seems like a really cool job) goes to a lot of the remotes (types of events that 102.3 XLC or 1220 WKRS attend) and helps set-up and follow through with whatever promotion is going on, as well as many others tasks such as helping with the website. There are also live broadcasts, where the station goes out to various places and broadcast up-close and personal with listeners.

Today, I learned how to do a photo re-cap. After an event, the station makes a presentation via powerpoint with pictures that gets printed out and viewed that reviews the event. Each page (there are between 3-4 pages) has a group of pictures from the event with a title that sums up those pictures. They try to get pictures for each page that have a common theme. One page would be "Listeners With Their Prizes" while another might be "XLC Listeners with Jimmy & Jen." So that's pretty cool that I get to do that. I also helped arrange and cut up XLC slips of paper for a new promotion they are doing called the Free Gas Frenzy. These papers are the ones that fans get to fill out to win free gas cards, so in a way I helped in the process of executing the event.

I also worked again with the prize sheets, and had to label them by day, date, and alphabetize them. I met a few more people today, which is always good! Everyone is extremely nice here as well.

No comments: